21st Century Law Enforcement/Education Partnerships In New Jersey
This course will provide an overview of school based policing programs nationally and in New Jersey along with recommendations for how to effectively establish and maintain school/police partnerships. The course will discuss the evolution of school based policing, School Resource Officer roles and responsibilities, pitfalls encountered as a result of improper implementation, and strategies for leadership and success in school policing. Topics include:
• Comparing the role of New Jersey Class III SLEOs, SROs, and School Security Personnel
• Evolution of school policing
• 21st Century Policing recommendations for schools
• Safe School-based Enforcement through Collaboration, Understanding, and Respect (SECURe)
• Local Memorandum of Understanding
• School to Prison Pipeline/Restorative Justice
• Leadership in School Safety
Target Audience-Police Responders, School Administrators, School Security Directors, School Security Personnel.
This course is offered at the following times and locations.
June 21, 2017 - Morris County Police Academy. Click here to register online.
June 22, 2017 - Monmouth County Police Academy. Click here to register online.
June 23, 2017 - Ocean County Police Academy. Click here to register online.
Course Fee: $100
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Attire: Uniform/Business Casual
This course will fulfill 8-hours toward the completion of the 80-hour School Safety Specialist Certification.