This course will provide an overview of school based policing programs nationally and in New Jersey along with recommendations for how to effectively establish and maintain school/police partnerships. The course will discuss the evolution of school based policing, School Resource Officer roles and responsibilities, pitfalls encountered as a result of improper implementation, and strategies for leadership and success in school policing. Topics include:
• Comparing the role of New Jersey Class III SLEOs, SROs, and School Security Personnel
• Evolution of school policing
• 21st Century Policing recommendations for schools
• Safe School-based Enforcement through Collaboration, Understanding, and Respect (SECURe)
• Local Memorandum of Understanding
• School to Prison Pipeline/Restorative Justice
• Leadership in School Safety
Target Audience-Police Responders, School Administrators, School Security Directors, School Security Personnel.
This course is offered at the following times and locations.
June 21, 2017 – Morris County Police Academy. Click here to register online.
June 22, 2017 – Monmouth County Police Academy. Click here to register online.
June 23, 2017 – Ocean County Police Academy. Click here to register online.
Course Fee: $100
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Attire: Uniform/Business Casual
This course will fulfill 8-hours toward the completion of the 80-hour School Safety Specialist Certification.